Gods Hallway

Do you ever feel like you are just walking down a long narrow hallway with a bunch of doors? But each of those doors are locked and you start to question where you are going? If you do not, well then maybe I am out to lunch, but I know in my life, especially of late, I certainly do. If I go back a week and a half ago, things seemed like they could not get any worse. I recently was baptized in September, and it brought me so much joy, and happiness, I really felt like I made the best decision of my life. Fast forward to now and it seems like I have lost contact with many of the friends I used to associate myself with. Being a Mormon entails one to enter into a covenant with God at baptism to keep all of his commandments, this includes the ten commandments, but it also asks of you to abstain from alcohol, drugs, coffee, sexual activity including keeping your thoughts clean. These are only a few things. Now you may read this and think that this is a lot to stay away from, especially with the society that we live in today. Because I do not do these things no more minus the coffee (I never really liked coffee), I find myself sitting alone at home on weekends, with a feeling of loneliness. The thing is, I choose to do this. I choose to stay away from partying because I do not want to be around these types of things. I feel as if I owe it to my Heavenly Father. Now I am sure there are many Mormons out there who can handle being around that sort of stuff, and good on them, we are all free to make our own choices and this just so happens to me mine. I have asked myself many times, why did I give up these things; friends, alcohol, trying to pick up girls at the bar (which was usually unsuccessful), to enter into a covenant with someone I have never seen? Once you faithfully and truthfully seek out god he will answer you. "Therefore, ask and ye shall receive; knock, and it shall be opened unto you; for he that asketh, receiveth; and unto him that knocketh, it shall be opened" (3 Nephi 27:29). This is exactly what I did one night; this changed my entire life, my entire perspective on everything. It was powerful, spiritual, and simply incredible. When everything seemed to be going so good for me, I fell into a bit of a lull. Heavenly Father tends to make these things occur every so often. Sort of like a test of faith. But, one by one, new doors have been unlocked and opened right before my eyes. The thing is, I have sacrificed a lot to become a Mormon, and it has not been easy, it is not suppose to be easy, I like a good challenge every once in a while, and this is the hardest one I have ever had. But i am constantly reassured that I have made the right choice and have been blessed for it. I have been blessed my entire life, and have not been able to recognize it until I chose God. I read a quote and it said "Consider the fact that maybe God closed that door because he knew you were worth so much more." When we are in our hallways of life filled with many different doors, remember that each one of those has a new opportunity, a new experience waiting behind that. Attack each opportunity full steam ahead, because you will never know what can come of it until you do. If it is not the right opportunity, Heavenly Father will guide you, I promise you that, I am witness to that. My biggest opportunity comes this Saturday, something I would not of thought I would have the chance to do already. Nonetheless, I guess it is my time. "Your individual purpose is linked to a greater purpose. He will open doors for you when you follow His purpose. Now, DO YOUR OWN THING!"

Comments

Popular Posts